Friday, February 17, 2023

Well...that's a twist!

We went to bed hearing freezing rain falling.  I woke up to a text that said school was cancelled!  There was a nice coat of ice all over everything.  Ted checked to see if I wanted coffee or if I was going to go back to sleep.  "I'll take it!  I'm awake now!"
It was a pretty start to the morning.  The cold weather came back and kissed Michigan again.
So...a little disappointed this morning to have to post-pone Muffins with Mom and 100th day, but thankful for a cozy morning at home.  Now to try to be productive.  Ted is at work.  Alisa left for her job.  
I'll enjoy the quiet and catch up on some laundry and grading in my jammies...
after we cuddle for awhile!  I can't disturb them when they are snoring peacefully on my lap.  Time to sit and be thankful and be still.  Last year, I flew to Atlanta to be with Ted.  Six years ago, we moved into our house and made it our home.
Now the sun is peaking out and making the world look like it is covered in diamonds...and showing all the smudges on the patio door.  I guess I should add that to my to do list too.  When the sun hasn't shone for so long...you don't see the subtle marks/dust/cobwebs/smudges that the clouds cover!  

Another life lesson for me to think about on this icy Friday.  Be open to look and search for those things that God's Word points out to you.  Follow the Source of Light that shines with truth that does not change.  Let His words challenge your frail thinking...not the other way around.  Then get up and do something about it.  Psalm 139:23, Ecclesiastes 1:13, 7:25, Jeremiah 17:10, 29:13, Lamentations 3:40
 When we walk away from what the Light shows us and do nothing about it, the ugly mark stays and gets bigger and attracts other dirt and is more noticeable to us...and then to others.  Often more glaring...because I have been living in this house and using the patio door multiple times a day to let the dogs out...I stopped seeing the smudges in my haste.  Others walk in and notice "Oh my, she hasn't cleaned that in forever." I can fool myself into thinking it isn't a big deal and no-one will think twice about it.  BUT yeah, yeah, they do and then they can't unsee it.

"It's me...I'm the problem...it's me!"  It is the new saying people use when making reels and it is easily laughed off.   But that is the foundation for all our problems...ME, MYSELF, I...my proud, sinful heart.  My problems are not because of others...that is blameshifting.  My problems are not because of what is happening...that is excusing.  My problems are because I am refusing to deal with my heart...a lack of surrendering, forgiving, forgetting, and thanking.  I am not responsible to fix others.  I am responsible to fix what God shows me in His Light.  And as I sit and type these thoughts, the song "In Christ Alone" is playing.

In Christ alone my hope is foundHe is my light, my strength, my songThis cornerstone, this solid groundFirm through the fiercest drought and stormWhat heights of love, what depths of peaceWhen fears are stilled, when strivings ceaseMy comforter, my all in allHere in the love of Christ I stand
In Christ alone who took on fleshFullness of God in helpless babeThis gift of love and righteousnessScorned by the ones He came to saveTill on that cross as Jesus diedThe wrath of God was satisfiedFor every sin on Him was laidHere in the death of Christ I live
There in the ground His body layLight of the world by darkness slainThen bursting forth in glorious dayUp from the grave He rose againAnd as He stands in victorySin's curse has lost its grip on meFor I am His and He is mineBought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in deathThis is the power of Christ in meFrom life's first cry to final breathJesus commands my destinyNo power of hell, no scheme of manCan ever pluck me from His handTill He returns or calls me homeHere in the power of Christ I'll stand


No comments: