Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Words that make me think!

It is so hard to see in this picture.  I did not have my phone in my hand when I first saw the beam.  I forgot to go back and grab a picture.  In the old beam of the fireplace, well-worn with age, a quote was carved, "Let something good be said"!  I would love to meet the man that carved that on his fireplace mantel where his family, no doubt, gathered daily.  I'm thinking about how and where to place that saying in our home as a reminder to me!  It is easy to say something critical, unkind, not necessary, and "bad".  Words roll off our tongue so often without thought or care.  God's Word cautions us repeatedly about how we use our tongue/words.  When we are slow to speak, we have time to think about good things to say!  How beautiful kind and gracious words are to those that we spend time with each day!  As I am going through a transition in my life, I have had some very kind words shared with me.  I am grateful.  I am very aware of how these words affect my heart and mind.  I want to be someone who people know that when I speak, I have good things to say.  Not fluffy and flattering words, but words that speak life into others.  Some words can be hard to hear, but are needed for our good.  Being truthful is both loving and kind.  Lord, may I be able to speak good things...all the time!
 

No comments: