and there is still joy!
We traveled to Grampy's on a golf cart in short sleeves! Our first ever Christmas NOT spent in the Midwest! We kept a few of the old traditions and added the ease of paper plates. I found Christmas in drawers and cabinets. I chose to use minimal decor.Gifts from afar...
Working on a special supper...
salmon, mashed potatoes, and fresh green beans.
The night did not go exactly as planned...Ted was not doing well and Grampy was still struggling with illness and coughing. As the dogs and I drove back to Grandma's, I focused on the privilege of serving and caring for others...something I saw my Dad and Mom do every day of the year and with special touches at Christmas. We have so much to be thankful for and extra rest seems to be needed this year!
I wish we could bottle enough sunshine and take it back to Michigan for the rest of the winter!
Christmas morning breakfast in FL and brunch in TN. We are so thankful for time with Dad. We enjoyed the warmer climate as we spent time together. These were a treat I allowed myself to enjoy!Opening their presents...
A favorite treat for the guys...
A request from Dad...
More gifts...
Waiting for dinner...
Ham, baked potatoes, and asparagus...
Christmas Day golfcart rides
I spent time at Aunt Connie's with family and friends while the guys tried to rest and recoup. We enjoyed snacks while catching up and then watching a sweet Christmas movie.
Kirk took care of all logistics of the evening.
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever hits different when you watch it with your two aunties who were teachers and your college speech teacher! We laughed till tears.
Coffee and reindeer food shared with me by my friend! I got to spend a little time with my FL K5 teacher friend.
The poinsettias love the FL weather! It was refreshing to see and feel the warmer temps.
We felt the heartache of missing Mom but we do not wish her to miss out on Christmas in Heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment