Saturday, January 4, 2025

2024 Christmas with our grown-up kids

A quiet day of rest after a big trip north from Florida.  Ashlynn and Cocoa brought over food for our Christmas supper.  We waited for all the hard workers to get off their shifts.
Teddy received a warm and slobbery welcome!

Time around the table was heart warming!  The food was yummy!  The laughter was hearty!


Time to share a few thoughts that made my eyes wet.
This year Christmas looked different than past years and we all embraced it knowing that God is in control and He is the One writing each of our stories.  There is peace, hope, and contentment in that promise!
Time together...whether long or short...is always sweet!  The fact that our grown-up kids want to gather with us and without us is truly a blessing!
Fun gifts...thoughtful gifts...practical gifts...
and Mom being Mom!  I will never not do this because it makes him smirk everytime.  It is my way to bring Grammy and Gram into our celebrations.  They always added practical, every day items to gift giving!


Alex was excited about this tool set to help on his job!  I learned there are specialty tools that the guys really need and appreciate.
Ted was able to crash and relax!  "I don't know why I am so tired!?"
I went to spend time with Ashlynn and Cocoa who also was crashing!  "Ok, girls, give me a job to do!"  I was able to do Teddy's laundry and help Ashlynn clean a little.  Another thing I learned from my mother every time she came over to our house.
Alisa got off work early!
Ashlynn and I made New Year's Eve supper.  She made the home fries and I made the burgers.
The guys hanging out...
The girls hanging out...
It was a nice time together, but we parted ways early...because everyone was tired!  The only one who saw the midnight hour was Teddy.  The dogs barked the New Year in with the celebratory fireworks and gun shots!
 

No comments: