I had to drive to pick up the window and screens that were completed. I invited a friend to ride along with me, a perfect way to spend time together talking the 40 minutes each way. My goal was to encourage her and provide a distraction from the weight of life. It was a time of encouragement for me too. When I share our faith and life experiences, God reminds me of all that He has done and will continue to do in our life as we trust and obey Him...His ways, not our ways.
Sharing a piece of chocolate cake sweetened the time. "Oh, Kari, is this what you do when things are hard?" Ummm, not always...but often...yes...I take time out to do something fun as I do my daily tasks. When we share life...and burdens...the load is not so heavy! God never meant for us to do life alone. And a little treat now and then makes it fun! So we shared life, burdens, and chocolate cake...on an ordinary day running errands.
No comments:
Post a Comment