while I worked on laundry and office catch up.
Then we took off for an adventure to a yummy coffee/pastry place. Tous Les Jour in Novi!
Some savory and some sweet to share while we sipped our beverage of choice...strawberry lemonade...
and an Americano with cream.
Then the real reason for going out...a trip to Hobby Lobby! We walked all over the store and looked at all the things. I got a couple useful things and a couple gifts. I think Mom found a few things to make her suitcase heavier!
Supper on the patio! My favorite place to cook bacon now...because it doesn't trigger the smoke alarm like cooking it in the oven does!
A taste of summer...fresh tomatoes, thick cut bacon, fresh sourdough bread....
Time with a friend and a yummy salad! I will be doing this again...with goat cheese.
Time in the sun in the morning with my coffee and my Bible study. So thankful for the start of days that are not so hot and humid!
Love trying Aldi's array of summertime treats!
A Friday project...the next section of the cement pad for the generator shed.Ted carried the 60 pound bags because I cannot lift them safely. My job was to cut the bag open and dump. I had cement dust everywhere! It was so warm and humid that sweat was running off both of us.
We worked together to smooth out the dry cement to get it ready for spraying it down. Ted found it interesting how many times I referenced icing a cake as we spread and filled in trying to get it smooth.
Uh...it is much the same! And as he started rolling the dry cement powder, and it started pulling up on itself, I started to get the giggles. Pretty sure the high humidity did not help.
The first two sprays are on the mist setting...which I did while he ran to Home Depot to get the hardware to anchor the shed. He set the pieces, and then every 45 minutes, he soaked the pad for the next couple of hours. "Not perfect, but good enough!"
Now we wait for it to cure before we move the shed into place.
No comments:
Post a Comment