Walking around outisde as Ted set up his "new toy", I noticed the little things.
The dogs scouted out the area and wondered what Ted was doing. They soon found out and tucked tail and ran to the porch!
It got loud for a little while as Ted warmed up for the practice that will take place later today. I took a shot too...right under the silver bolt! Not bad!
After Ted shot, I asked him how long till he would have to replace the pole. He looked at me like I was crazy...because from where we stood, I could see what he couldn't. "Wow!"
"That is a steel post. They don't make them like they used to!"
We enjoyed a leisurely morning and then headed over to the kids. It is a pretty drive...but very curvy!
"The pictures just don't do justice to the beauty of the area."
So homey and cozy! Christmas at the Tackeberry's...
with Miller in his Christmas bandana.
Teddy made ribs that were delicious!
Such a neat experience to be the guest as the newlyweds hosted! Love this stage of life we are in and the opportunity to be together!
Miller likes me.
The guys had fun shooting all sorts of guns!
We enjoyed girl time.
We were getting sleepy...then the guys came back in and we played games and snacked and laughed. The afternoon faded into evening and the desire for rest overtook everyone! These kids worked hard all week. The girls had to work till noon and dealt with crabby people rushing around getting ready for Christmas. We were thankful for a simple and calm gathering we had. We have so much to be thankful for as a family.

No comments:
Post a Comment