I had made roast, potatoes, and carrots for supper. While I was waiting for Ted to get home, I looked where he was for timing and I saw that Alisa was "not that far away" at a store. I texted her and told her she could drive a little farther and come for supper...and she accepted!
It was fun to grab a hug and have supper together. She got her puppy cuddles and got to hear first-hand about her Dad's job stories. We should really write a book about the things that happen. Ted shares things all the time, but I think the kids think he is exaggerating. Alisa found out tonight...nope...if anything...he tames things down...way down.
I sat listening and watching...taking it all in with a grateful heart. God has blessed Ted with so many opportunities. I know he is overwhelmed most days and repeatedly ask God for strength, wisdom, and protection over him. Our kids have opportunity to learn from their Dad's experience...and I see it and hear it in their words. I was reminded once again that God uses every opportunity in our life for His purpose and our good. God has given me different opportunities right now and I am thankful to be able to use the time...to pray and cook and be available!
No comments:
Post a Comment