Wednesday, February 25, 2026

Reminders

I left our house at 8:15am to drive down to the project house again.  It had snowed over night again.  I stopped for a hot coffee and joined the morning commuters.  I arrived at 9:22.  Our agreed upon time was 9:30.  I got a text as I pulled up that he was 15 minutes out.  REALLY!?!
Deep breath.  Coffee.  Remembering my devotions before leaving the house.
Right about that time...I noticed this little woodpecker.  Busy about his morning...banging his head (beak) against a tree...and I laughed. Took a deep breath...talked to a friend and enjoyed my coffee.

Consider the birds...stop...and watch them!  I met with the contractor for a few minutes and did a walk through of the house.  He hobbled around with a boot on his leg and looked rough.  He is determined to finish the job for us. "I have my pain medication with me and my cleaner is coming to be here with me to finish this up today.  I got you!  You guys are the truth.  I don't want to disappoint you."
I thanked the Lord for helping me work through the anger and keeping my tongue under control with him.  I want people to be fair and truthful.  I want kindness and understanding shown to me too.
The project schedule has been totally revamped.  I see that the Lord wanted to slow things down, I guess.  I don't know why else, but I will trust His timeline.  I headed back north to home.  Every time I drive to the project, it takes me 45-50 minutes each way.  There has been ALOT of driving and listening to good music these last two weeks.  I took time out to practice some more kind acts.  I spent some time wandering and picking out a baby gift and a big sister gift.

I came home and had some time to rest.  The overwhelm that hit yesterday took the energy out of me today.  I spent some time resting and freshening up the house for the showing tonight.
We have two offers on the house that we are reviewing.  We are asking God for wisdom and direction.  Ted reminded me that "We have time.  We are not in a rush.  We will do this right."  We can make our plans...but God directs our steps.  We are being reminded of His control in our lives each and every day.
 

No comments: