Saturday, March 28, 2026

Settling into our new life in Tennessee...

started with scoping out the yard again after being gone for a month!
A cup of coffee with a reminder of what He has done in our life!  

Waiting for my turn to sign the closing documents on our house in Michigan!  And with a click of the last button...it is complete!  We have officially sold our house.


God has reminded me over and over this past month that He truly is in control of all things in our lives.  There is never a detail that He overlooks...even when we do!

A beautiful day in Tennessee and the birds are singing! 
The rest of Monday was spent resting and making supper. 
Ted hooked up the washing machine to make sure it was working correctly before we move it into the house.  It had to lay on its side on the way over from the storage unit.  He put up clothesline for me on the deck!
I fed my sourdough starter and settled into getting things back in order from a month of being away.
Tuesday was set aside for Ladies' Bible Study time!  I was so looking forward to it after being away for a month.  One of my new friends reached out to tell me she missed seeing me, and I was able to tell her that I was on my way...just as soon as I stopped for a coffee!  I pulled up to church to see beautiful tulips and daffodils all over the grounds.  What a blessing to be warmly, welcomed back and spend time in God's Word. 

Time with Ted to drive by a property.  Then a stop for gas and something for lunch before heading to the storage unit.  Weigels has yummy sweet tea and I tried one of their treats.  YUMMO!  A hot honey pig...oh my!
Groceries at Aldi to restock and home to make supper for my love.  It is good to be home!
Wednesday was set aside for multiple loads of laundry!  It was gorgeous and God sent a breeze and sun to make quick work of the dry time.  I was able to do three loads and sit in the sun to do my property management work.
The dogs are loving the warm outdoor time.  I moved some bricks and plants before Teddy does work on the driveway the end of the week.
It was too cool in the house, so I brought the bread dough out in the warm sun to proof.

Thursday was for ironing on the porch!  It is the perfect space for enjoying the fresh air and doing my chores.
Friday was for meeting the guy delivering gravel and waiting for Teddy.  I unpacked and sorted.  I cleaned the bathroom and spare room, getting ready for our houseguest overnight.  I enjoyed a simple lunch on the deck, waiting for winter blankets and flannel sheets to dry, to pack away.
Fresh cookies for my guys!

Sour-dough rolls for supper...
OOO...they turned out good!

No comments: