EVERYTHING runs down hill! When we have big rains...
the water cuts through the driveway like butter!
We have also watched the end of the driveway wash away into the road. The county came by and scooped our driveway back onto our driveway and packed it down.
I first heard something and then saw what was happening. I had been waved around this crew on my way home from my early morning class. I walked down to talk to the man and he told me they start at the county line and work back to clean up gravel off the roads after heavy rains. They want to keep drivers safe from loose gravel. He was kind and explained that eventually we will get a letter from the county. I told him we were new to the area and asked for recommendations for someone to fix this. He shared a contact and the guy came out to give an estimate. "We are from Michigan...we are flat landers...this is all new to us...and it is hard trying to find reputable people to do a complete job..."
What do we do? Grading...asphalt...concrete...rock...sloping...ditches...it is all a new game for us in hill country! And it is an expensive project! Yikes! For now...things are back in place and smoothed out...till the next big rains. Maybe for now it will be cheaper for Ted to get a tractor and teach me how to drive it and I can learn excavating? HMMM?! He lets me drive the lawn mower and wagon!
No comments:
Post a Comment