I am extremely thankful that I live in the century I do! I am most grateful for the modern conveniences that we have! Other women have survived and thrived on much less than I have...and must have had a stronger constitution than I... I was struck with panic yesterday when my drier started making a horrendous sound! Let me also say, this was followed by an announcement from the love of my life that we for sure would be having overnight company. I can't prepare a home for company when I cannot wash bedding and mounds of clothes that cover the basement floor! "Don't go crazy" were the loving words I heard to bring me back to reality!
Deep breath...we sleep downstairs and call the repair man!
So here I sit and wait for the nice man that said he could come today!
Thank you, Lord, for those who have gone before us and used their wonderful minds to create and invent the modern day appliances and contraptions that make my life easier!
edit: Drier worked for testing...when I put laundry in Sat. night...something went "clunk" and the drum isn't spinning...so...we are waiting for repair man to return today (Mon.) and Mount Never Ends continues to grow!
Deep breath...we sleep downstairs and call the repair man!
So here I sit and wait for the nice man that said he could come today!
Thank you, Lord, for those who have gone before us and used their wonderful minds to create and invent the modern day appliances and contraptions that make my life easier!
edit: Drier worked for testing...when I put laundry in Sat. night...something went "clunk" and the drum isn't spinning...so...we are waiting for repair man to return today (Mon.) and Mount Never Ends continues to grow!
1 comment:
I hear ya, girl! I had an issue with my dishwasher and was in a panic. My sister and I were commenting on how much we take these conveniences for granted! All the time savers we have!
Post a Comment