Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When I think of cherries...I think of my friend

I just have to share with you a person that has been and continues to be a great encouragement to me. I will call her "cherry girl" , since I didn't ask her if I could use her name. Of course, anyone living close to us will know exactly who it is! The "cherry girl" is a cheery girl with a great sense of humor! In a fruitcake, she would be the bright red cherry...or in some instances the nut!! She offers to come and corrupt (babysit) our children...who absolutely love her. She looks for their pjs in the refrigerator! Danger. Danger! She is the type of person that you are drawn to because of her spirit and attitude. She loves the Lord and talks freely of Him and what He has done for her. I have been encouraged and rebuked at the same time by being with her. She laughes heartily at the antics of the kids. She loves to pump them with questions, just to see what they will say! Sometimes, I forget to just have fun with the kids! She finds the humor in a situation to reduce the stress. (I would have never thought to look in the fridge for jammies...I would have gotten frustrated by the mess in the room that was hiding the pjs). We share many of the same interests and likes/dislikes...a good book, a good cup of coffee, Nonnis biscotti, cookbooks, a good cry, stamping and scrapping, a good laugh, candles, a good movie, chocolate, and many more things.
So to my "cherry friend" , I say thank you for being a "sweet tart" in the fruit basket of life to this sometimes "old sour grape" ! You are a gentle reminder to those around you to practice the "fruit of the Spirit" ...putting the head knowledge into heart action.

No comments: