Friday, March 9, 2007

The Words and Thoughts of 3 & 4 Year Olds

Yesterday was filled with interesting conversations...maybe I was just more in tune to it than usual!
Did you know that dogs laugh? "How do they laugh?" They just do.
I like blackamole chips! "Oh, the guacamole chips?" Yeah, the green ones.
"That's enough, Teddy." No, Mom, I don't have plenty!
Driving past the house on our street that was destroyed in a fire on the way to get Ash, "Look kids, they are working on the house." Which house? Oh, the house that got fired. Look, Alisa, it's barenaked! (the roof had been removed)
While baking cookies, Alisa wanted to know if I was adding vanilla extra (too many cooking shows) watch out so that pile of flour doesn't explode (when I turned the mixer on) where is the cookie picker upper? (ice cream scoop).
Their little minds are always at work!

2 comments:

2Icecubed said...

I love it! I'm just terrible about remembering later what they say. Sounds like your day was full of them! Too cute!

gailsgarden said...

Those sayings are PRICELESS! I am sure some of them will become part of your normal conversation. Today we had some friends in and I gave them "arshmellows" in their "height" chocolate. Those were from Andy and Sara years ago.
Thank you for letting us hear what the kids are saying!