Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Back from the lakehouse...to reality

Here I sit at the computer again...printing things off for the shop work that I do, listening to the Gospel Hiway, waiting for the dryer to stop, listening for the war yells of the kids, drinking cup after cup of coffee...back to reality after a weekend of sun, water, sand, campfire, yummy food, golfcart rides, walks, and just sitting around with family. It was a full time of odds and ends on no time limits! I sat and worked on a project on the deck...sat at the lake (and pool) and read a good book (still reading) and browsed through magazines...snacking on chocolate covered peanuts and licorice (great snacks that only require one hand!)
The lake is the one place I feel that I can sit and do nothing and not feel guilty about it...there is no reason to have to be busy all the time...it is a place to relax and just be together as a family...and do whatever whenever! This weekend, the guys put in the dock and cleaned up the boat. We will look forward to dropping the boat and cruising around the lake soon. The water in the lake is already nice and warm...doesn't take long since it is so shallow! The pool, on the other hand, is frigid! The kids got in yesterday and I was waiting for them to turn blue! The air temp was warm and humid...but not enough to stay in the pool for longer than 30 minutes.
Today is a day to catch up and just be home...the kids play with their toys better after being gone. They also have Teddy's birthday things to amuse themselves with...and a new DVD of Mr. Ed and Lassie to watch. Ahh, the pleasures of summer...even makes reality enjoyable for the moment!
It is always nice to come home...and enjoy the smell of clean laundry and the freshly brewed coffee.

1 comment:

sara said...

You guys sound like you have so much fun at the lake! Wish we could come visit you :)

I like your new pink color!