Saturday, June 2, 2007

It has been a busy week...time for a nap!

It was a good thing Teddy had his life jacket on...he slept through an entire severe thunderstorm and downpour at the lakehouse yesterday afternoon...he would have floated out to the lake if the water had overtaken us!!! It was part of his daily attire for the last couple days...minus the goggles (which he wore to Culvers for supper!)
It never ceases to amaze me...the looks people give to parents of small children, like..."Does she know her child wore goggles out to eat?" It borders on the line of disgust and pity for the "poor woman, you have your hands full". I guess they have forgotten what it is like for a four year old to imagine he is driving a boat while the parent is driving the van..."go faster, Mom!" I am of the opinion that if they want to wear their "dress up stuff" in public, so be it! They look alot cuter than some of the stuff we see walking around...and those people are considered to be grown ups! At least one can tell the difference of our girls and boy and the reality of what they are using to "dress up" as!
So after all that pretending...we are ready for a nap!

1 comment:

2Icecubed said...

How cute!! I am with you about the pretending thing! Bring on the stares. I love great imaginations!