Tuesday, October 9, 2007

School Pictures

I thought the pictures turned out cute...but the facial expressions are hilarious. We are not doing retakes because I want to remember their reasons for "not smiling". Alisa didn't smile because when she did "her lip hurt". This was news to me...she gave me a big smile for a practice one as she bounced toward the school door. Ashlynn said, "I am smiling." "You didn't show us your teeth..." "They are there...(smile)" It is funny to me how their "ideas change" when they leave in the morning, go to school...are with their classmates and teachers, and come home...are with each other and us or with other family members. All their talk of how they were going to smile...excitement over school pictures...and the reality of being in front of the camera with a stranger operating it, school personnel telling you to smile, and all your classmates watching and waiting for their turn! Oh the memories! "Hey...girls, where are your little black combs?..."

2 comments:

sara said...

They are cute...and will make good memories!

gailsgarden said...

Really cute! They look like the old timey pics when they didn't smile. I agree that you should not have them retaken! I just LOVE seeing your kiddies! Thank you for the effort. And be sure to show us the cousins when you have the chance.
Hey, Kari, I'm going to Sar's. Care to bring your crew down too?