I have seen the Lord's provision this week in the little things! And He had provided before I even wrote about the happenings on this blog!
Remember back last January...when we suffered a break? Our 15 plus year old snowman tree broke at the base. God sent me a new tree..."out of the blue" through a friend that was wondering "if I could use it for anything?" I was going to "make do" because that is just "an extra" that is over and above what we need.
Do you know...God takes care of us like that each and every day! Often...we are too busy looking at what we don't have to notice His daily provision for the needful things. Or we are whining that it isn't enough or the brand that we like. I am convinced that He sent this big...little extra to say,"Kari, trust Me, I know what you have need of...and I know your little unspoken desires too. I've got everything under control!"
And then...He provided again. Remember the hair dryer that sparked and smoked in my hand? My friend read the post...laughing that we would sell a left arm for a new coffee pot. She asked me if I had gotten the hair dryer yet...No..."Well, don't! I bought two several months ago...they were on a good sale and with my discount, I paid less than $3.00 each. I bought two...just in case I needed a gift or mine quit or..."
I know that God knows everything...everywhere...all the time...BUT to think that He directed a friend months ago to meet the needs of the present...overwhelms me! We know in our heads that God sees the beginning from the end...
BUT do we really allow our heart, mind, and soul to find daily peace in that wonderful truth? It is one thing to say...it is another thing to do.
God sent me reminders of His provision this week...because in my fear and weakness...I begin to wonder if He still remembers where we are.
***God has also provided me with a live in "handy-man" who found that the problem with the coffee pot was an emergency that could not be fixed! Even heating elements burn out...after much use! Don't worry...no body parts had to be sold...and it has been warm enough here to keep the heat down!***

1 comment:
I liked the story about your hair drier! It is a reminder that God cares for ALL of our needs. Last Sat. we had overnight company. Our toaster decided not to stay down the next day. Our friend asked if I had cleaned out the crumbs lately. After turning it upside down, voila, it worked! I wonder if we would have figured that out!? The right friend was here at the right time!
Post a Comment