I am thinking this could be a dangerous recipe to have on file! Cravings can now be too easily filled with ingredients that are usually in the cupboard...in 3 minutes flat! We only had 4 eggs left...since the cups were big and dinner yummy...we made two mugs. Yes, I got the grumpy looks that said, "We want our own." Even splitting the servings...they still couldn't finish their portions! The cake was very yummy and rich! Daddy liked it too. On the grocery list for next week...cocoa and eggs!
A Mug-O-Cake!
In a large mug combine dry ingredients: 4 tbsp flour, 4 tbsp sugar. For a chocolate cake add 2 tbsp cocoa. (For our vanilla cake, we used 2 tbsp instant vanilla pudding.) Stir in wet ingredients: 3 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp veg oil, 2-3 drops of vanilla, and 1 egg. Stir in 3 tbsp chocolate chips (ooo, or sprinkles! for a funfetti cake).Mix well. Be sure to scrape down sides after mixing. Microwave for 3 minutes (1,000 watts). Our microwave says it is 1,200 watts...see in the picture! It was fine. Cake was moist!
Three minutes in the microwave...it rises to the top of the mug and then "falls" when it comes out and cools.Now to figure out how dangerous this recipe could be...too many calories...
or too many harmful micro waves from watching too closely!
We made vanilla cake with mini-chocolate chips! I added 2 tbsp instant vanilla pudding for flavor. I liked the results!
And the possibilities are endless...
How about strawberry shortcake? Vanilla cake, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream...How about chocolate mocha with whipped cream to look like a coffee house drink...how fun for a girls night!? A fun birthday party project! A perfect little gift idea for a new mom, college student (who has access to milk, egg, and veg oil), secret pal, teacher...
or
just as a perfect dessert for my "do-it-yourself" crowd to show them I love them!




No comments:
Post a Comment