Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We tried it...

because it looked so good on Cousin Sara's blog!  And the response was, "Can we have this for lunch again, Mom?"  So easy...and so different from the normal sandwich lunch!  Pizza fondue thrown in the crockpot during first break and a batch of homemade pizza dough mixed and set to rise for breadsticks.  Fresh from the oven sticks to dip in the fondue.  MMMM!  Thanks for sharing the info, Sara!  I am going to try several of those recipes from that site!
1 jar spaghetti sauce any brand and any style
1 cup shredded cheese any flavor
(I used 1/2 mozarella and 1/2 cheddar plus a few good shakes of parmesean cheese.)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 package small cuts of pepperoni (I used a scissors.)
Mix in crockpot and cook for 45 min. till nice and warm and melty.
You could add whatever pizza toppings you like to this mix.  It is wonderful on breadsticks, but I am thinking you can use your imagination with types dippers too!

Our kid are growing. They are eating more.  I had to do something...they polish off a box of granola bars in two and a half days.  For the price of a box of pre-made chewy mini-chocolate chip granola bars, I can make two and three batches of the same...and have twice as many servings as are in one box...with no preservatives!  Next time...wait... 
I had to check with the "critic of all things sweet" to see if it is worth the fuss.  Miss Ashlynn gave me the two thumbs up!  Whew!  Next time...we will do mini-M&Ms!

1 comment:

sara said...

I am so glad you liked it! My kids really like it- I thought it was good- but I guess I kept thinking that I wish I had "real" pizza.