Friday, May 14, 2010

Proof that we say stupid things as parents...sometimes!

Dad  "Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"  I looked at him to see if he caught it...he told me to be quiet too as he chuckled into his chest.

Mom  "Stop...you only need to dust in the familyroom and livingroom...you will just have to pick up the piles and move them."  Why would I stop them from dusting in other places?

Dad  "Raise your hand if you have parents here."  A couple of the boys in junior church picked up on that...rather quickly!

Mom  "You only have five minutes outside." after they had already been out for fifteen.

Both Parents  "What were you thinking?  Why did you do that?"  Do we really want to know the answer?

There are many other things we have said lately...maybe you have some winning statements too!?  I'd love to hear them...just to know that we aren't the only ones who have this problem!

1 comment:

withpatience said...

Eddy was really giving me a hard time with going to bed one night--he couldn't find beautiful blankie, he wasn't supposed to sleep with beautiful blankie because the tag said so (never mind about the past 6 years), he forgot to say good-night to us, he wanted to say good-night again--by now my patience was getting a little thin. . .and then he came out with a little stuffed Pikachu and said, "Pikachu has a hair on him and it's freakin' me out!" I said, "Give me freakachu and you go back to bed!" When we realized what I'd said all seriousness was gone!