Saturday, May 15, 2010

What if there really was a button to push...

to make problems in every day life get fixed quickly?! 
We see the ad about the EASY button all the time.  I was thinking about all the things we have that make life "easier" and faster...and still we aren't happy.  We get bogged down with the cares of every day.  So we add another gadget or another activity to make ourselves feel better.  Instead of making things easier or better...we have added more stress and frustration because we added more to learn and more to manage.  We have gotten so programmed by our culture that we expect everything we do to be done with ease and in good time.  Satan has done a wonderful job to keep us dissatisfied and disgruntled...even with all the things and opportunities we have. 
There are just some things in this life that take time! 
Parenting is one of those opportunities. 
There is no easy way to accomplish the task!  It takes blood, sweat, and tears...and time.
There have been times this week that I would have liked to push the delete button,  other times the escape button, and another time the alternate button. 
While I try to limit my time on the computer, writing on the blog helps me on many different levels.  There have been many days...I was glad I had clicked on the "save now" button.  I work on posts and then save them when I run out of time, then I can come back to them later.  When I don't have something to say...because it won't be nice...or the kids aren't funny...or I have no thought provokers rolling around in my head...
I look back. 
Some days I need to refocus on the things I should be grateful for and not on the things that defeat me!
When I go in to edit my thoughts or reread what our children have done or said...it makes me stop and think.  I am reminded...that there is a time...to everything...and God doesn't operate with the help of buttons and keys.   

No comments: