or maybe it was the band-aid.
or maybe it was the handful of Reese's miniature cups from the nurse.
or maybe it was a quick stop to see Daddy.
Not sure...but she is smiling again!
We had to go for a general physical as we send paperwork on to a new hospital...new doctor...new city...due to new insurance. It overwhelms me when I look at all the hoops we have had to jump through and paperwork and phone calls to make the switch. I was not thrilled about this process, but I have accepted it. I have been surrounded with helpful people, and I am grateful! To follow the orders for the new doctor and protocol, they wanted recent bloodwork since Alisa has had contrast with her scans four times. I understand the importance of checking her kidney function and etc. She...however...was not happy with this news and her love for needles has escalated to sheer terror. Thankfully, we were the only patient at the diagnostic office with two very kind nurses!
It is not fun to put Alisa through this. My eyes get teary. My heart beats faster. My palms get sweaty. But we need to be ready for our appointment in Chicago on October 14 with a new neurosurgeon. We are due for the MRI scan to see how Alisa is healing inside. We don't have any symptoms, but there is always concern after an active day. God has been so good to us. He has provided each step of the way. We will trust Him for good scans and continued healing!
You can be sure there will be a stop for some sort of treat...it could be another slushie!
1 comment:
Oh, poor Alisa! I would be willing to take a few pokes for her! How about a trip to Great Auntie's for a treat! Wouldn't that be fun!?
Post a Comment