We had to laugh...ok, I had to laugh...on the way home from mission's conference tonight. "What was your special lesson tonight?" I asked the kids. "I don't know...I forgot...but it wasn't anything about the Bible." said Teddy. We know the special teachers would appreciate that take on their time with our children tonight. Ashlynn and Alisa helped sort out the story. "It was about a little girl named, Corrie." And then Alisa took over and began relaying the story with all the details...Ted looked at me and thanked me for asking the question in the first place. I just giggled. Teddy interrupted, "...then they got captured and died." Ted then laughed and said, "That's my boy...just get to the point."
At which point, Alisa resumed the account of Corrie Ten Boom with Ashlynn whispering added information as the story played out...all the way home, as we parked, and walked up the driveway...key in the lock...The End. We are grateful for the lessons and stories that have been shared these last few days with our children...they are listening!

No comments:
Post a Comment