Monday, March 28, 2011

I most likely won't be the next food star...

my husband, the love of my life, agreed with my description of what supper looked like "but it sure tasted good!"  I covered it in cheese and that brightened it up some.  "You eat with your eyes first."  is the phrase that constantly runs through my mind, but I work with what I have in the cupboards and fridge often on the spur of the moment.  And I work myself into a corner because I failed to plan!  I might be able to compete on the show Chopped...a surprise basket of odd things to use to produce an appetizer, entree, or dessert.
Hmmm...but there is always an advantage...stocked fridge and pantry. 
Ashlynn wrinkled her nose at the concoction at first, and then ate two helpings.  I sat at the supper table contemplating my work...and my lack of thought on the whole meal plan.  What mother serves a taco style tortilla bake with a plain, no-frills salad, no chips, and then offers "You can have a banana" when asked what else they can have to eat.  Ewww... 
 The combination was just not right! 
 I realized I won't be asked to be the next food star.
It was tasty and possibly nutritious...but not my best work of late.
Thank goodness there were cupcakes for dessert...so I was not chopped...yet! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the show "Chopped." Taco bake isn't so bad. For tomorrow I want to see what you'll do with soft shell crabs, chocolate nibs, and guava...:)

tacky said...

OOOOO, I just gagged! My family members aren't big seafood fanatics. How about...you first! Ha ha ha! You are so funny...Ted doesn't do fruit for dessert!