Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's spring...and the air is filled with silliness.

The birds are singing.  It's nice outside.  I don't mind going out.  I went grocery shopping while the substitute teacher took over.   As I wandered down each aisle, I had my list and mental menu plan for tonight's supper!  We will grill tonight.  A plan!
I also picked up some more lemons.  I refrained from buying any pop.  I am resolved to drink more water...and lemon makes it festive.  I added it to each glass for lunch.  A touch of spring! 
"What's this?  Is it some diet drink?" asked Ashlynn, as only she can ask.
" NO-oo-oo-o!  It adds flavor to the water and it is good for you.  So drink up." I said. 
Dad added, "It is good for your liver...and it will put hair on your chest!"
Horror...that is the look that flashed over both girl's faces.  Teddy raised his eyebrows.  And I think I whined something like, "TTTEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddD!  That is not something girls want to hear! You don't tell girls that!"  The conversation continued to go downhill from there till we all dissolved into fits of laughter.
I am working very hard to help our girls be girls, but their Daddy works very hard at being silly.  It balances out those moments where I am totally frustrated by the resistance.  We are growing up around our house and there are many issues that we are dealing with and will be dealing with in the next few months and years.  My Mommy eyes were working very hard to communicate, "Don't worry, he's not serious" but I don't know if they read that message.  Hopefully...the laughter we grown-ups shared will alleviate any fears that Daddy was serious!  If not...you may find me wandering the grocery aisles.

No comments: