Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Thanksgiving Feast

 Mar was the happy bearer of DD coffees and turkey.  This was before she had trouble pulling it apart.  I admit...I laughed at her as she gagged four different times.  Then, conveniently...she had to go print out rewards for the dress-up and coloring contests.  I was the good "older sister" and finished her job.  You know, laughter is good for the heart...and we did a lot of that this morning!  3 roasters full to the brim with turkey, pans of corn, pans of potatoes, crock pots full of gravy, bowls of rolls, and platters of desserts...oh my!
 Looking at the enormity of this feast...I couldn't even imagine what it was going to be like!  Over 250 places were set...all festive and pretty.  By the time parents and students started filing in...I forgot to even take out my phone to snap a picture.  Pilgrims and indians in all sizes all over the school!
                                              Moms out-did themselves with festive treats!
                                  A special choral reading by Teddy's class from several Psalms.  The older girls were all dressed up and helped serve the meal.  So many hands helping!  The junior high and senior high tore down the tables and chairs so quickly...a flurry of activity and you would have never known so many people had just gathered for a big meal!
 Too funny...both girls trying to stretch out the sore backs after we got everything cleaned up and then re-set up for tonight's Praise and Pie Fellowship. 
Do you think there is any resemblance to the turkey that we use as our doorstop?  It made me laugh when I got home and shut the door to our room.  Poor turkey...funny girls!  It always amazes me how much work goes into something of this magnitude that is all over in about one hour!  These girls have it down to science...the only cause for alarm was over potatoes and only eight cookies were left on the dessert table.  I am curious how many people actually came...'cause it seemed like a thousand!   Good thing Mari brought coffee!

No comments: