Saturday, February 16, 2013

My new first grade friends...

who asked if I was 25 years old!  No.  Are you 60?  No.  Are you 30?  Higher.  Are you 40?  No, I am 43!  Wow!!!  You're old!  They knew who I was...because they know who my kids are...and were explaining it as each student walked into the classroom.  They were so friendly and helpful.
One of the grades that I haven't taught...and it was fun.
You know you are a first grader when...Your long sleeves bear the marks that you used your sleeve as your Kleenex.  You print your name off the lines.  You color off the sides of your paper all over your desk.  You collide with friends in the middle of the gym and need your teacher to love on you till the tears stop.  Your pencils fall on the floor CONSTANTLY.  You keep track of the clock.  Your tummy growls and all you can think about is fruit break.  You say random things like, "Sometimes my hair tickles my nose."  You read haltingly but know what the story is about.  You love your teacher...even though you just met her.  You want to clean out your desk and all your friends will help you.  It is hard to walk in a line, you want to hop or skip.  You throw your lunchbox into the bucket.  So...Moms, beware...those Pringles or cookies you lovingly pack so carefully...will be smashed after the lunchbox is chucked into the bucket and twelve other lunchboxes will land on top!

No comments: