I can't stop thinking about it...but when I do...I cry. I cried straight for almost an hour last night. My eyes are puffy and stinging today. And now as I try to compose my thoughts into words...I am a crying mess again. It is a good thing it is a stay at home day today.
My husband and children sat me down after church last night and gave me a gift...24 minutes of precious memories in a special video that Ted put together with some of our favorite songs about the home and family. Teddy handed me a Kleenex box as Ted cued the video, "Trust me, Mom, you are going to need it!" By the second picture, I was choking back sobs. Our children have grown and changed so much...soon...they are going to be old enough to leave. I watched the life we have lived up to now...
some of which I find the memories fading all too quickly...
some of which I hurt at the memories...
some of which bring hysterical laughter...
some of which bring tears of joy...
some of which bring heart rending thankfulness...
all of which I want to hold close...for these years have changed us...for the good!
Ted chose specific pictures for certain reasons...and I knew without looking in his eyes what his heart was saying. What is most precious to us...in this life we live here on earth...is that we know God our Father...and that our children have a relationship with Him! God has taught us that! They are the only "things" we can take with us to Heaven.
We've had the success that this world says is important. We've lost it and/or given it up purposefully. Through it all...God has blessed our home with love and peace...and I see it in the pictures that have captured our memories over the years. God has allowed us to enjoy many different things over the years. We know where the hard parts were...and are. We know where the blessings fall. And we know the One who has let each circumstance, decision, and memory filter through His hands. God is good...oh...He has been so good to us!

2 comments:
Love - love - LOVE THIS POST!!!! How precious.
How very special! What a wonderful blessing! :)
Post a Comment