Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Two snow days in a row!!!

 We all stayed home on Monday!!!  Ted was up and out snowblowing at 6:15am...because he was going to go to work.  I was hoping to be able to fall back to sleep after all that noise.  He left...and came back after about 45 minutes.  "What happened?"  The ramp to I96 was drifted and hadn't been plowed, yet cars had tried to get up it and were stuck "I don't get paid enough to risk getting stuck in the ditch."  And he climbed back in bed...I think that is the absolute first time ever for that!  We had a lazy-stay-in-your-jammies-all-day kind of snow day!  The guys made sure everything was snowblowed and shoveled off.
Tuesday...my phone went off at 5:21am
"I need you to work this morning."  Grrrr...two days in a row...waking way before it was necessary!  Ted left.  I left a little while later...with my coffee and a Pepsi for later...I wasn't sure what to expect on my first working snow day ever.  We had a small group...and I had several fun snowy-icy ideas.
 We made snowflakes and/or icicles out of beads and chenille stems.  So pretty and sparkly.  Then we made snow dough out of cornstarch and shaving cream.  Fun and messy and good smelling.
 We watched/listened to Snowbuddies and played.
 The kiddos had fun and the grown-ups had just as much fun!
 We painted with water colors on trays of ice.  That was cool...literally...ha! 
 A good amount of snow fell and then drifted...my snow babies played outside after I got home.
Snow days are fun...because it was a change in our schedule...and we all enjoyed it!

No comments: