With the snow day, our 100 day was moved. We had fun looking at all the fun things we have done and learned since September.
100 circles on each clown face...I love art with my little friends! So many different outcomes from the one idea.
This is what a K5 teacher looks like after a fun day of 100 activities and probably 100 decisions too. I got in the van and fired up the gps and sighed...a mental switch to landlord mode and headed to handle things for Ted.
Not our neighborhood...I guess we are part of the revitalization of this neighborhood. Seems daunting when there are so many abandoned and empty and a mess.
We have not been able to fill this property yet.
Things have been slow the last couple months which is abnormal from what we have been told. Where has everyone gone? Supply and demand may have balanced out? We are finally ready for a tenant inspection...we hope...with a favorable outcome!
My mission...replacement appliances that I was to go and procure at an establishment on 8 Mile. "Put your big girl pants on and your do not mess with me face, act like you know what you are doing, and you will be just fine! I wouldn't ask you to do this if I thought you couldn't handle it. You could also carry if you want." Ok then. I went and did what I had to do...checked the fridge temp...and then went and bought a fridge from a new friend. I encountered a strong, new perfume to me...called weed. Whoa, was it strong to this naive palate. I'm hoping my hair doesn't hold the smell too long!
My mission...replacement appliances that I was to go and procure at an establishment on 8 Mile. "Put your big girl pants on and your do not mess with me face, act like you know what you are doing, and you will be just fine! I wouldn't ask you to do this if I thought you couldn't handle it. You could also carry if you want." Ok then. I went and did what I had to do...checked the fridge temp...and then went and bought a fridge from a new friend. I encountered a strong, new perfume to me...called weed. Whoa, was it strong to this naive palate. I'm hoping my hair doesn't hold the smell too long!
I stayed around to get things taken care of Tuesday because of a "winter storm warning bringing ice". The guys were able to deliver today so I was willing to sit around and wait...and ponder all the hard work that has gone into this property. I'm wondering if the new tenant will take care of the place or be as nasty as what we had to clean up this summer/fall. Yes...I still get the shivers when I think about what we had to do. "It's all part of the rental game."
All the work of cleaning the other ones...all for naught! They were not working correctly. Hmmm. Now...two working appliances ready to go!
Two new friends who spoke Spanish and expertly worked a strap rather than an appliance dolly. I am forever learning new ways of doing things! I was also treated very nicely by the three guys I met today. "Oh yeah, I talked with Ted today!" I wonder if it is because Ted keeps telling people that "the boss is coming by to pay and arrange delivery with you." Oh boy!
Or maybe it was because the sun is shining finally and lifts peoples' spirits.
All the work of cleaning the other ones...all for naught! They were not working correctly. Hmmm. Now...two working appliances ready to go!
Two new friends who spoke Spanish and expertly worked a strap rather than an appliance dolly. I am forever learning new ways of doing things! I was also treated very nicely by the three guys I met today. "Oh yeah, I talked with Ted today!" I wonder if it is because Ted keeps telling people that "the boss is coming by to pay and arrange delivery with you." Oh boy!
Or maybe it was because the sun is shining finally and lifts peoples' spirits.
No comments:
Post a Comment