Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The reason for trippin'

Early morning coffee...sitting and chatting.  Late morning breakfast as we got busy sorting and packing.  Mom is moving south where it is warm!  She has worked so hard and her sciatic is hurting her.  There is not much packing left, but there are things to take care of, so we made our list.  Closing begins on Friday for us and finishes on Monday for the buyer.  We will pack the truck on Saturday, August 26, and begin the trip to Sebring, Florida.
While the guys did the heavy lifting in the garage, I got to play with the little girlies.  I think it was the longest amount of time for me to ever touch/hold a fake snake ever!  We took a tricycle ride down to the corner and noticed EVERY thing as she pedaled.  Oh the reminders of life with littles brought tears to my eyes!  "The days are long but the years are short!"
Taking time to slow down and talk.  There is so much energy in little ones...we forget!
Ted left me in Illinois and he headed back to Michigan on Sunday to finish another week of work and projects before he gets on the train to come back on Friday, August 25.  We prayed him home and monitored his progress.  God gave clear roads and safe travel for a short five and a half hours.
Mom was able to ice and rest most of the day...which was terribly needed!
I did a coffee and donut run.  I was so excited for yummy coffee with cream...and SOOOOO disappointed that the inside DID NOT match the outside.  So for the second time...Rockford DD let me down in a big way!  How hard is it to be diligent in your job and READ the order?  Details matter!
I did an Aldi run for Mom and I got some half and half later.  All is good now.
And Alisa helped Dad when he got home!  My heart is full of how God is taking care of the things that we are concerned about...and it has been a reminder that nothing is too small for Him to overee for us.  How often do we remember to ask for His help and wisdom in our average day to day living?
 

No comments: