Thursday, May 28, 2026

"What do you think? Are we making an emotional decision? Are you sure?"

 We talked about it a couple days.  We looked at options.  We tried not to think about it...but it was hard!  A manager at the plant told Ted he had one baby girl left from the litter born March 25, 2026.  He sent a picture, and we talked some more.  A LITTLE Morkie...black, brown, and white.  We decided we would take her on the morning of May 19!  She would be ready to go to her new home the week of May 24.  "Would your wife like to meet her?"  We had a plan for him to bring her to the plant on Thursday after I finished teaching the first ESL class.  A little while after Ted talked with him, he sent a text that said, "My daughter corrected me...she is 8 weeks on Wednesday and fully weaned now.  Would you like to take her home on Thursday morning?"  OH MY! I found the bells in my craft stuff for her collar and I went to Walmart to get TINY puppy items and ingredients for cookies for the first ESL classes.

As soon as the class was over, I was handed our new baby.  I cried and she cuddled up to me.
We sat and waited for Ted and the managers to finish their morning meeting.
She snuggled right in with me.
She whined on the way home.  I had to quick stop for puppy pads because I totally didn't even think of those till the breeder told me.
She puked on the ride and messed up her new bed.  Good thing I have baby wipes!
Velle was not sure about what we have done!
She rested after her big move!
And Velle got some one on one time!
How about some lunch?
Only if you put a blankie down 'cause I don't like this plastic floor.
On impulse, I picked up these little dishes...I am glad I did because the other ones are still at the other house in a box somewhere.
The pictures make her look bigger than she is.  Velle stayed up high watching over all the things!
Very playful...and I found socks as a softer alternative to the bones.  She likes to bite and chew.


"The floor is lava!  How can you stand there?"  She stayed on the carpet and blanket...afraid of the dark floor.
She loves her bed and finds comfort there for her naps.
Sooooo tired!



Is she staying here?

I'm tired...I will just lay here and eat.
Another nap...before bed!
It didn't hit me till before bed...wait...she is not going to sleep through the night, is she!?!  
And so begins the first chapter in our second life novel...the day a little Morkie...we will call Oakley moved into the house on the hill in Tennessee.














No comments: