Thursday, June 25, 2026

June 24...a Happy Golden Birthday!

I saw the beautiful colors of sunrise at 6:00 am, thanks to Oakley!  Later, the fog rolled in till the sun got higher to burn it all off.  What a pretty morning as I got to work to finish up the last parts of a special delivery!  
Fresh strawberries to go into cupcakes!  Homemade buttercream that I was hoping wouldn't melt!
I filled the cupcake liners too full and they baked into each other.  Next time...less will work better!
I packed up lunch, birthday treats, the dogs, and we drove to Knoxville to be with the girls!  Such a beautiful day for a drive!
Pink and gold...whoops, Alisa's Christmas placements...added more color.
We sang to her and asked her to make a birthday wish as she blew out candles...2 candles and 4 candles for 24!  Mom has botched multiple opportunities for birthday plans this year. I forgot to go back and grab the gold 24 I had found at Hobby Lobby.  In my defense, I was not supervised in my favorite store and wandered the rows, overwhelmed by all the pretty things!  I had not been in several months.
The day's plans were lowkey and involved a day spent inside away from people.  No fanciness!  And I have learned to not snap pictures when we are in the relaxed, no makeup, messy hair, and lounge clothes state.  Just three girls and three dogs...food, treats, chick flick, naps, and quiet!  I hope and pray they felt re-energized to be adulty and peopley today!  Working in and with the public is no joke these days.
Happy Birthday to our sweet Alisa!  and Ashlynn too!  She had a June birthday too.
It was yummy!
Oh the memories!
Our sweet girls!  And we didn't even take a picture together...again!  We have been together a couple of times and have not documented it well for the memories for the blog.  We will next time!
I am in awe of how fast the years have gone by as I look at pictures and then get to watch our young women!  24 and 25 and the best of friends...and I now know how my Mother felt every time we all got together.  Thankful...teary...blessed...
 

No comments: